Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Two Additional Pieces:Part I

*PERSONAL contact INFO> has been DELETED due to PRIVACY...

Resume:Reina Diana Heard

Objective:To obtain experience in a professional setting, manage others, assist in event planning / coordination and obtain new skills that can be used in my Public Relations career.

Education
• August of 2005- May of 2007 East Georgia College Statesboro, GA
Associate of Art Degree: Business Administration and focus in Economics
• May of 2007 – December of 2008 Georgia Southern University Statesboro, GA
(December 12, 2008)
Bachelor of Science Degree: Public Relations
Awards received Received from East Georgia College: Who’s Who Among Students in American Junior Colleges and Dean’s List.
Received from Georgia Southern University: Dean’s List in 2007.
Interests and activities Being a, youth advocate, global citizen, and learning from new experiences.
Work experience
• January 2006 – End of July of 07 East Georgia College Statesboro, GA
Student Assistant/Secretary
• Assisted students with paperwork and campus related questions; aided professors in test preparation and preformed light secretarial duties. Extensive use of Word & Excel.
• August 2008- Present Abshire Public Relations Firm Savannah, GA (Intern) P.R Practioner
• Assists in writing press releases, community calendar for Savannah area, and working on the ACT program, event planning and coordination, media contact lists, PowerPoint presentations, and clerical filing and conducts research on clients.

Volunteer experience
Stash the trash, Keep Bulloch Beautiful, Statesboro’s Business and Convention Bureau.
Hobbies Learning the Spanish Language and Cultures, and running marathons for a good cause.

References Available Upon Request

Professional memberships
PTK(Phi Theta Kappa) of East Georgia College and President of TS (Tau Sigma) of Georgia Southern University

Cover Letter


December 1, 2008

To Whom It May Concern:

I, Reina Heard, write you in regards to the Public Relations/Communication full-time position. I have heard great things about working in a Public Relations/ Communication position at Bank of America and know it is a well banking corporation. I would love to have the opportunity to begin my professional career at Bank of America.

I am graduating from Georgia Southern University (GSU) this December 12, 2008. Through my academic career I have attained an A.A. Degree in Business Administration and focus in Economics from East Georgia College, where I have continued my studies at Georgia Southern University where I will be attaining a Bachelor of Science degree in Public Relations.

Throughout my previous employment I have acquired a firm understanding of how to deal with clients in a professional setting. I have been involved with extensive customer/clients relations, coordinating events, reporting on events in order to write press releases, which has broadened my professional skills. In addition, I am currently the president of Tau Sigma, an honor society at GSU, which involves me managing all members of the organization, keeping contact lists updated, and event planning/coordination. I have developed the technical, interpersonal communication skills, and organizational skills necessary in order to succeed in a public relations/communication position.

I am enclosing my resume in support of my application and references are available upon request. I am available at your convenience. I can be reached at (***) ***- **** or emailed at reina_d_heard@georgiasouthern.edu. Thank you for your time and consideration. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
Ms. Reina Heard


Reina D. Heard
**** ******** Road Apt. **
Statesboro, GA 30458
(***) ***-****

No comments: